Since 1960, New London Pharmacy has served the needs of our community and beyond. Today, we have expanded into two pharmacies; our original pharmacy, that continues to serve our community and a specialty pharmacy that combines clinical expertise with personal passion to achieve maximum outcomes. Our specialty-care your optimal wellness.
We team with our PATIENTS to improve their heath and their lives through drug therapies and personal service.
Our PRESCRIBERS trust us to deliver the best outcomes by delivering the best care available in the most efficient manner available.
To our PARTNERS we are at the forefront of modern healthcare, bringing innovation, clarity, and passion to everything we do.
Our team of specialty pharmacists provides patients with a seamless experience by helping to:
- Ensure appropriate medication utilization and medication compliance
- Offering targeted condition education and Disease Therapy Management
- Offering patient support and education on controlling side effects
- Specialized handling and distribution of medications
New London Specialty Pharmacy is URAC in process. We offer a comprehensive Specialty Care Management Program that will enable patients to achieve optimal outcomes from their specialty medication therapies while effectively managing costs.
Utilization Management Program
- Personalized case review and managed prior authorization
- Step therapy
- Quality dose review
- Dose optimization
- Drug Utilization Review
- Co-Pay Assistance Program
Utilization management evaluates the appropriateness, clinical need and efficiency of prescription medications based on established criteria or guidelines. Our programs aim to provide outreach, education, and comprehensive guidance to physicians on national, peer-reviewed guidelines.
Specialty trained staff members will work with patients to discuss treatment plan and address and questions or concerns they may have.
Delivery of Medications
Working directly with patients, caregiver, or provider to ensure that medications are delivered as scheduled and temperature controlled to ensure proper administration. We offer fast and convenient delivery to the patient’s house, workplace or other preferred location.
- All refrigerated medications will be delivered overnight. Non-refrigerated medications will be delivered/mailed within 2 days at no additional cost.
- Tracking shipments to ensure successful delivery
- Calling patients when delivery attempt is unsuccessful
- Distributing of Welcome Packet and patient educational materials
- Providing ancillary supplies (sharps container, bandages, gauze, alcohol, swabs, needles) with each order at no additional charge.
- Free educational materials sent to both patients and providers
- Information available on website www.newlondonspecialtypharmacy.com
- Newsletters available on website that relate to health in general as well as focus on specific conditions
- Proactive refill reminders by phone to encourage compliance
- Provider is called if compliance issue is identified